Support is provided via email and discord and appointment phone call.
https://www.vorondesign.com/ (Voron Website)
https://docs.vorondesign.com/ (Voron Documentation)
https://discord.gg/voron (Voron Discord)
http://docs.ldomotors.com/en/home (LDO Bom List and specific electronic wiring)
We highly recommenced reference the manual or build video or searching on discord before sending us a questions or asking on the community as high chance it already has been answered.
Active community assistance on discord and ask the community on Discord (https://discord.gg/voron) (Any specific questions can be asked directly to developers of Voron and LDO Kit) or use search function within discord to find specific questions that may already been answered/ask by another community member.
If you still cannot find your answer please submit a Ticket via our freshdesk or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you find a part is missing parts or defective on arrival, please contact us directly via ticket or email support above.
For any suggestions on LDO kits we suggest you leave your suggestion on LDO Motor specific channel on discord.
Should I buy this?
- First time build or into 3D printing? We would recommended against but if you willing to learn along the way it a great project to uptake just do note the whole build can take up to 40-50 hours(2.4) or 12-14 hours(0.1) of your time or more depending on your experience. Experienced builders can build one between 20-30 hours(2.4), 8-10 hours(0.1). The best resources is Voron discord channel link below in resources, the helpful community can answer most question you may have going into this project.
- Which project should I undertake?
- Voron 0.1 is bit more difficult due to smaller printer with build volume of 120mmx120mm with CoreXY design with Z lead screw bed. It a great small prototyping printer and overall printer with filament dryer is around 30cmx25cm.
- Voron 2.4 is popular larger bed size printer (up to 350mmx350mm) with modified CoreXY design with a fixed bed using 4 point gantry tramming to align print surface. It designed to be fully enclosed and suitable for printing ABS/ASA and larger prints.
What should I do first?
- Head to official voron Website and download and select your printer and download user manual and read thoroughly.
- Head to Voron Github and download require parts (Printed Bom List: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1njgHapSZLiQHobrEVkeuAuhhDsXzFOJOiIpvfVFeGxQ/edit#gid=136333510) At minimal download and print out essential parts, cosmetics parts can printer on Voron after build.
- Read the manual thoroughly or watch below build log.
NERO 3D (Voron 0 / 0.1) : https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7zrGeKp_8CRL1xvq2VY2IQKm2-IA3Z8o
Greg's Maker Corner (Voron 0.1): https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpQnpsv1trbT-WkHpvdFfpSlhTUunMQRa (Video is spaced out, a good playlist when you're stuck on a certain area but do note it not LDO kits and some instructions such as wiring and hotend refer to LDO motors doc)
NERO 3D (Voron 2.4 - On Going): https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7zrGeKp_8CQr1kje-J2xX_pxr_M92t01
Do we sell printed parts?
Unfortunately not at this stage, there is a alternatives such as official PrintItFoward (https://pif.voron.dev/) we usually recommended if you plan to order a kit to sign up beforehand and get queue early.
Rough Pricing for PrintItFoward:
Voron 0 Functional Parts Kit:
From $180 AUD + Shipping
Voron 2.4 Functional Parts Kit:
From $200 AUD + Shipping
You can also find other site that offers this service or you could use 3D printing service but these are usually higher priced and quality may varied between 3D Printing Services. Orvil3d or community on in teamdropbear voron discord offer printed part on demand, lead time is around one week for 2.4 or under a week for 0.1 parts and priced similar to PIF pricing, in most case is cheaper as shipping is locally compare to PIF provider from Internationally.
Why not? At this stage, we find the PIF system to offer great service and priced reasonably for the quality of the product provided. We are still refining our own printed BOM. We have plan to offer full kit build service which will include printed parts towards end of 2022.
How long does it take to print all the required parts?
The print time can depend on your printer but usually around a week for Voron 0.1 or around 2 weeks for Voron 2.4.
We recommenced ABS+ for the price and easy of printing. Do note we highly recommenced printing in well ventilated room with no pets. (ABS ONLY FOR STRUCTURE PARTS no PETG/PLA) PLA/PETG suitable for outer chamber parts such as display housing, skirts, panels clips, handles. eSUN ABS+ is a good budget option or Polymaker Polylite ASA is another option.
Please follow this guide for printed parts (https://docs.vorondesign.com/sourcing.html)
What consumable do I need before?
- Thread lock Medium Strength
- Lithium Grease (PTFE Based) or sewing machine oil
What tools do I need before?
(MUST HAVE Tools and experience with):
- Set of metric hex wrenches (“keys”) from at least 1.5mm - 5mm. (Wiha, Wera, or Bondhus are preferred)
- Standard screwdrivers
- Wire strippers from 16 gauge (1.25mm) to 26 gauge (0.405mm)
- Diagonal wire cutters, small
- Soldering iron (solder skills helpful)
- Metric calipers, 6”/150mm
- Molex Crimpers (Good: IWISS IWS-3220M, Better: Engineer PA-09, Best: Molex Crimper)
- Ferrule Crimpers
- Terminal Crimpers
Helpful (Nice to have tools):
- Needle nose pliers
- Small “X-Acto” knife
- Machinist scale / ruler, either 6”/150mm or 12”/300mm
- Machinist square, 4”/100mm or larger (Sometimes called “locksmith angles”, see DIN 875)
- Deburring tool
- Small files
- Small flashlight
- Precision screwdriver set
- Heat shrink labeler